March is National Nutrition Month and you know we could not pass up on sending some ideas to eat, shop and live healthier!
TEN IDEAS to make everyday eating healthier
- Put a veggie in it. Sauces, Spiralize!
- Use a csa to get fresh local veggies delivered to you—try new veggies in season, support local farmers, they often include recipes for items or let you choose what items (like our local CSA B&H Organic) you would like to receive –find a csa link http://www.localharvest.org/csa/
- Search Recipes on Pinterest—search by ingredients you already have!
- Use grocery list—shop the perimeter of the store for fresh items, avoid processed foods.
- Don’t food shop when hungry!
- Involve family and friends when making meals—studies show kids more likely to eat veggies when they prepare.
- Start a garden plan (or container garden plan) for 2017
- Start Meatless Mondays
- Eat a salad before your meal
- Keep healthy snack in you bag, car, etc.
Check out this article from the Washington Post on curbing cravings for you and your family!